- What is continuing education (CE)?
Continuing Medical Education (CME) refers to a specific form of continuing education (CE) that helps those in the medical field maintain competence and learn about new and developing areas of their field. It is designed to enhance health professionals’ knowledge and skills, which will result in better health services provided.
- What is the purpose of continuing education (CE)?
Continuing Education (CE) is designed to enhance health professionals’ preference, which will be reflected in better patient care, or public services or health system. It also helps health professionals to maintain a high level of professional competence.
- What does continuing professional development (CPD) mean?
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is ongoing systematic maintenance and growth of the knowledge and skills required for a health professional to remain competent in his/her occupation for the benefit of that particular profession. As an example please find below a list of competencies:
– Communication: communication is increasingly recognized as a necessary element of all efforts to improve health. Health communication can contribute to all aspects of disease prevention, health promotion, and medical care. It is also relevant in a number of contexts of our lives as individuals, patients, members of families and communities.
– Collaboration / Team Building: This is the skill to consult effectively with the healthcare team. It requires interdisciplinary team building skills.
– Management / Leadership / Quality Issues: This requires skills in leadership, management of time, limited Resources, quality issues and risk management.
– Strategic Plans: Healthcare professionals should acquire the skills to develop, implement and monitor strategies that will improve the health of the community by both comprehensive prevention and therapeutic research and planning the delivery of care.
- Is CME different from CPD?
Continuing medical education: Refers to a specific form of continuing education (CE) that helps health professionals maintain competence and learn about new and developing areas of their field. These activities may take place as live events, written publications, online programs, audio, video, or other electronic media. Content for these programs is developed, reviewed, and delivered by faculty who are experts in their individual clinical areas. Similar to the process used in academic journals, any potentially conflicting financial relationships for faculty members must be both disclosed and resolved in a meaningful way. Life care conferences & Workshop provides the best hands on training programs to enhance the skills while improving CME points.
Continuing professional development (CPD): is the means by which members of professional associations maintain, improve and broaden their knowledge and skills and develop the personal qualities required in their professional lives.
CPD is defined as the holistic commitment to structured skills enhancement and personal or professional competence.
CPD can also be defined as the conscious updating of professional knowledge and the improvement of professional competence throughout a person’s working life. It is a commitment to being professional, keeping up to date and continuously seeking to improve. It is the key to optimizing a person’s career opportunities.
- Why a minimum requirement for CE being introduced for physicians, dentists, nurses and pharmacists?
The minimum requirement will enable health professionals to stay abreast of the knowledge and developments in their areas of practice, including the introduction of new treatments and technology.
Health Authority of UAE believes that all health professionals have a professional obligation to maintain, develop and expand their knowledge throughout their careers. This belief was reinforced in meetings with physicians, dentists, nurses and pharmacists in UAE who supported the implementation of CE minimum requirements for health professionals.
- What will continuing education (CE) provide me?
Continuing education (CE) is purposed to improve health professional performance in his/her practice, and thus enhance the care that patients receive. Beside the benefits of acquiring new knowledge / skills, participating in CE:
– Helps you to identify your individual learning needs and plan where you require additional knowledge and skills
– Means you have taken responsibility for life-long learning, development and career advancement
– Supports the basic principles and obligations of your chosen profession
– Demonstrates to patients, peers and the public that you are taking appropriate steps to maintain and increase your level of competence
Life Care Conferences & Workshops provides the professional CME Training programs.Check For Courses with CME Points